Friday, July 15, 2011

Bad Boyfriend vs. 50 Songs

A song from the first album you ever bought

I can't remember what the first album I bought was, because I've been buying records since I was a kid. However, I think the first CD I ever bought was We Can't Dance by Genesis, so... Let's go with "No Son Of Mine."

Your favourite single 

If by "single" you mean a song that was never released on an artist's album, I'd have to go with "Mull Of Kintyre" by Wings. Honorable mentions: "Holy Joe" by U2 and "Acquiesce" by Oasis. They weren't singles, but they were b-sides to singles. (This is complicated.)

Your favourite album track 

Confusing question. I'd go with "Live Forever" by Oasis (from Definitely Maybe), "Until The End Of The World" by U2 (from Achtung Baby) and "Why Do You Love Me" by Garbage (from Bleed Like Me).

A song by the first band/artist you saw live 

"Acelerar" by Timbiriche. So sue me. I was a kid growing up in Mexico in the 1980s.

A song from your childhood 

"Sing" by Carpenters. It took me many years to find out it was originally a song from Sesame Street.

A song by your favourite band/artist 

Besides the ones I've mentioned already... "Don't Look Back In Anger" by Oasis. One of the greatest live songs of all time, which he dedicated to "anyone of Mexican origin" when I saw them at the Hollywood Bowl.

A song that reminds you of a TV series

"Superhero" by Jane's Addiction, which is the theme song to Entourage and would also be a great theme song for my TV show.

Your most played song on iTunes 

"Hounds of Love" by The Futureheads, but this literally changes every week.
 
Favourite new release (has to be less than 2 months old) 

I don't think I have bought or listened to any music that has come out in the past two months. I'd recommend anything from the Scream 4 soundtrack, which came out in April or so.

An awesome driving track   

"The Power Of Love" by Huey Lewis & The News. Especially if you drive a DMC-12.

A song that reminds you of your best mate  

"Anna Begins" by Counting Crows.

A song that makes you laugh 

"Me Amo" by El Cuarteto De Nos.
 
The song that contains your favourite lyrics 

"Ultra Violet (Light My Way)" by U2. "There is a silence that comes to a house where no one can sleep."
 
A song off an album that has brilliant cover art   

"It's Still Rock And Roll To Me" from Billy Joel's Glass Houses.

Your favourite TV theme tune 

"Meet The Flintstones."
 
A song that reminds you of a holiday

"Baby It's Cold Outside" by Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel.
 
A song that makes you think of a family member 

"Perfect Day" by Lou Reed. My sister's wedding song.

A song you never get sick of hearing   

"American Girl" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

A guilty pleasure 

"Gasolina" by Daddy Yankee


A song you can’t help but sing along to 

"Beat It" by Michael Jackson.

A song that reminds you of the person you love

"The Night Before" by The Beatles

A song you play when you want to relax  

"The End" by The Doors

A song you play before a night out

"Sympathy For The Devil" by Guns N' Roses

A song from a band/artist you’ve just ‘discovered’ 

"Run for Your Life" by 6 Day Riot.

A song off of the last album you bought/last track you downloaded

"Heartbeat" by The Detroit Cobras.

A song no one would expect you to love  

"Lat'n Party" by Kalimba.

A song you would sing at a karaoke night 

"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones. (It's happened before.)

A song you love for its lyrics 

"For No One" by The Beatles.

A song you love for its video

"Let Forever Be" by The Chemical Brothers.

A song you've only recently started listening to

"I Put A Spell On You" by Screamin' Jay Hawkins.
 
A song from a band your best friend introduced to you 

"Van Nuys (Es Very Nice)" by Los Abandoned.
 
A song you've performed in front of people 

"Labios Jaguar" by Café Tacuba. I played it onstage with them.
 
A song from any artist you've been to see live 

"Hung Up" by Madonna.

A song from an artist you wish you could see live  

"Pretty Flowers" by Steve Martin.

A song you used to hate but now love

Anything from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.


A song from an artist a family member has introduced you to 

"Paula" by Zoé.

Your favourite Beatles song 

"Real Love" from Anthology 2, besides the ones I've mentioned already.

Your favourite cover of a song

"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" by Noel Gallagher.
 
A song with a great video

Didn't we go over this already? Let's add The Beatles' "Free As A Bird."

A song that brings back amazing memories 

"Veneno Vil" by Fobia.

A song that brings back bad memories 

"You Know I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse. (Both this one and the previous one remind me of the same person.)
 
Favourite song from the 80's

"Dirty Diana" by Michael Jackson.
 
Favourite song from the 90's

Besides some I've mentioned already... "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam.

A song you play air guitar to

"Bad Boyfriend" by Garbage.

Your favourite acoustic version of a song

Nirvana's "About A Girl" from their MTV Unplugged album.
 
The first song you ever bought 

Just the song? I remember buying Michael Jackson's "Black Or White" as a single, but I can't remember what the first song I bought on iTunes was.

The only song you like by a band or an artist you otherwise hate 

"Brooklyn (Go Hard)" by Jay-Z.

Your favourite song at this time last year

I honestly can't remember.

Your favourite love song 

"(I'll Love You) Till The End Of The World" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

Your favourite song of all time 

"Live Forever" by Oasis and "Until The End Of The World" by U2.

2 comments:

  1. Wow....just awesome song's topic. I totally impress and wanna share with my Boss Pipul. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Van Nuys is very nice but it's not paradise.

    ReplyDelete